Anthony's Surprise Party

>> 11/22/2009


I've never planned a surprise party before, but the idea intrigued me and so I decided to plan one for Anthony

Of course I'd been asking him what he wanted to do for his birthday. He'd been really indifferent as to what he wanted, but I got him to agree to dinner out, bowling, and then coming home to watch a movie.

The plan was that while were out that night, everyone would come over and then surprise Anthony when we came back at 7:30, pretty simple, nothing too fancy.

The day of the party arrived, and I was trying to finish all the preparations (cleaning, cooking, giving people directions, etc.) without acting strange enough that Anthony would notice anything. We ended up having a late lunch with Mark at Five Guys, and then we went home and started watching a movie. By this time it was about 4:30. Towards the end of it I started to get a little worried about us getting out of the house on time.

The movie ended and, guess what, Anthony said he had a headache and he didn't want to go out anymore! So I tried to convince him to at least go for a drive somewhere because "I really want to go out". Luckily, he decided that we'd still go bowling and so we headed out to BYU.

We bowled for a bit and then went to go play some pool since it wasn't quite 7:30 yet. We ran into a friend of mine and played a few games, and by now it was 7:50 so we were already late. I was trying to figure out how to get us home. So I told him I had a headache ;) But still, he wanted to play one more game. I resisted and tried to look like my head hurt (I'm sure I didn't do a very good job of that because I was too excited to stop smiling), but he didn't want to go yet.

So eventually, after what seemed like an eternity, we finished that game and headed home. We walked in our apartment and everything was dark, I turned on the light and SURPRISE!

The best thing: he had no idea it was coming.

The party was great: great friends, family and food. Thanks everyone who came, he loved it!

2 comments:

Parkinson Family December 10, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

ooooooo can you leave comments now!! awesome!!!

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP